Thursday, January 29, 2009

The picnic(To be graded)

Hello, viewers of this blog, I am going to write about a picnic, under a moment I enjoyed with my family.

It was a rather cool and breezy day when my family and I had a picnic. That picnic was going to be one of the best, most treasured memory in my life.It happened when I was only six years old. What happened? I mean, why should a picnic be the most treasured memory in my life? After all, there are countless of other incidents in which I thoroughly enjoyed myself, so why should a picnic be my most treasured memory?

Perhaps, if I describe it to you it would be easier to understand.It started with my family and I spreading out a groundsheet and laying food on it. What food? There was delicious home-cooked chicken wing, both savoury and tender with a warm fragrant aroma. Other then that, there was a 1.5 litre bottle of chilled "ice lemon tea". Now that might not seem very special to you, but to me, a boy who rarely gets to drink any drinks other then chilled water , "ice lemon tea" is as good as the nectar of the gods.Then there was "it". Yes, you know what I speak of. The one, the only, the most beloved of the most beloved-potato chips. Of course, it might not seem worth all this worship, but to a boy of six years, one untainted by the realisation that potato chips are relatively common and cheap, it could easily be seen as heaven.

Of course,what I mentioned was the three items which appealed to me the most. As of now, I can no longer remember the other items there. Now, I see a assumption dawning on your minds. Am I one of those cheap people who can be bribed away easily by food or money? Was the food what made it special? Of course not.

Like the mark of a future hero, this was simply what marked it to be special, not the action of heroism itself. What was the true thing that made it unique was my family's love. It was a subtle but powerful feeling, that made you feel both happy in indescribable way, and to feel satisfied, content, with not a care in the world. This might sound like an exaggeration, but it was true. Of course, my mind then was relatively carefree, pure and untainted, and this could have helped to make this occasion better. I would not be distracted by my irritation with a friend a day ago. The enjoyment of my food would not be a different pleasure that distracted me so much that I would be unable to feel the love. I was truly clean, not yet corrupted by man's evil.

Now, when I think of that beautiful memory, I smile, happy to have that particular memory. Then I sigh, knowing that I can never return to that memory, no matter how much I want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment